- What is Young Entrepreneur X Factor?
The Young Entrepreneur X-Factor is a competition organised by Dwi Emas International School in collaboration with Circle of Excellence. It brings together innovators and entrepreneurs between 9 and 17-year-olds and enables them to unleash their creativity in problem-solving, to collaborate, to learn and to ultimately STORIFY their ideas through a pitch presentation. It is designed to allow business ideas, innovative products and creative solutions to problems to flourish, and the innovators to be connected with entrepreneurial professionals. Built around a competition, the programme aims to develop the love of “storifying” one’s passion and ideas which in turn can benefit their communities and their collective futures. Most importantly, it just allows the story-tellers to have FUN!
- Who can take part in the competition?
The Young Entrepreneur X Factor is open to anyone between the ages 9 and 17 years old. Participants do not need a background or have studied business to compete. They just need motivation, passion and creative ideas.
- Is the competition for individuals or teams?
This is an individual competition. You may seek help preparing for the competition, but the presentation and Q&A are done solely by you, where judging is based. A member of our team will be on standby during the storifying session to assist you in any other aspects, should there be a need.
- What is the participation fee to participate as a contestant?
To participate as a contestant, it is completely free.
- If I am competing, can I watch the other competitors during the preliminary round?
Yes. Participants are allowed to watch other competitors during the preliminary rounds.
- My friends and/or family would like to see me present my ideas. Can they attend?
Yes. Spectators are welcome to attend the Grand Finals to watch you and other Finalists present.
- Is there a shortlisting evaluation done based on the slides I send in?
Your pitch slides, if you choose to submit them, are mere tools to aid you in your presentation during the competition. Use the Storification Slides Template to guide you. If necessary, we will advise on changes you need to make on the slides before the competition days.
- What if I can’t make it for any of the storifying sessions?
A no-show due to whatsoever reason will automatically disqualify you from the competition.
- Can I use another language other than English?
The competition will be conducted in English as there will be international judges who are not familiar with the Malaysian language (Bahasa Malaysia) and other local languages.
- What is the dress code for the event?
You are encouraged to dress in comfortable clothing to suit the theme of your presentation.
- Is attendance to the Welcome Networking Dinner compulsory?
Attendance is optional.
- Who are the judges and mentors?
We have entrepreneurs, industry experts, business owners and entrepreneurial-minded experts to judge and provide students with valuable feedback.
- What would the winner get?
Prize winners in both categories are awarded a combined total of more than RM500,000. You can find out more in the Prizes page.
- Can I replace or give the scholarship I win to someone else?
The prizes are not redeemable for alternatives and are non-transferable.
- Is lodging provided by the organiser for outstation participants?
Finding lodging and lodging expenses will be the responsibility of the participants.
- Are there suggested lodgings from organiser?
Yes. We will provide lodging suggestions but you are required to do your own booking of lodgings.
- Is transport provided to and from the competition venue, from the airport or lodging?
No. You will have to make the necessary arrangments for your transport needs. Ensure you leave early to be at the venue on time for the events.
- What is Bali Business School?
Bali Business School is a 6D/5N event held in Ubud, Bali. This is for Entrepreneurs, Start Ups, Career Minded Individuals and People who have a Mission to Achieve or a Business Unit to get results in. Participants will work in small groups, by yourself and with the whole group to learn a build a business or career around the life you may have only dreamt of and play a bigger game.
For more information, visit www.balibusinessschool.com.
- Can my parents come to Bali Business School with me?
Yes. Your parent/guardian can come along if they pay their own flights, accommodation and meals.
- I have other questions not included in this list of FAQs. Who should I contact?
You can email us at email@example.com.